Treasurer/CFO | U.S. Grant Career Center
The U.S. Grant Career Center JVSD Board of Education is searching for a highly capable and visible financial leader. He or she should have proven executive capabilities, a developed sense of vision, unquestionable honesty and integrity and an ability to relate well to others. The new treasurer should be one whose knowledge and commitment are unquestioned, and whose consistent financial decision-making and guidance will assist the district in gaining higher levels of community trust and investment.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Solid school treasurer experience and current knowledge related to school law and legislative matters; Ohio Treasurer’s License preferred.
- An ability to consistently exhibit fairness, sensitivity and diplomacy in all aspects of professional responsibility.
- An ability to embrace a role requiring high levels of visibility, engagement and outreach with committee members and district stakeholders,
and be an articulate communicator with distinct groups as well as with individuals who have questions or desire information from the treasurer’s office.
- The ability and willingness to articulate the district’s financial position to board members, staff, and to the public, and to tailor presentation
details to the particular audience.
- A commitment to strong, positive board/treasurer relations, and to a similar partnership with the superintendent.
- The willingness to keep all members of the board of education fully informed and current with matters concerning Grant Career Center’s financial position and can do so in a way that builds mutual trust and respect.
- Solid decision-making abilities and a willingness to firmly support fiscal policies that affect the school community.
- Support and implementation of all board decisions.
- Experience and a proven track record of support for levies and bond issues, and for the prudent management of resources resulting from those efforts.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please submit:
- Completed application;
- A cover letter emphasizing qualifications and reasons for interest;
- An up-to-date resume;
- List three (3) references from associates or board members who can speak to candidate qualifications and work experience;
- A copy of current Ohio Treasurer’s Certificate/License;
- Credentials and transcripts.
All application materials can be mailed to:
“Treasurer Search” c/o GCC District Office
718 West Plane Street, Bethel, Ohio 45106
Or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 26, 2020