Adult Education Director | Vantage Career Center
Job Objective: Directs the planning, delivery, assessment, and ongoing improvement of the Adult Education program. Commitment to training skilled workers to support local workforce development initiatives.
- Valid State of Ohio Administrative license
- Meets all mandatory health requirements (e.g., negative tuberculosis test, etc.)
- Provides documented evidence of a clear criminal record
- Previous administrative experience in a career-technical setting preferred. Prior teaching experience preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Education, administration, Vantage staff and students, associate school district personnel, citizens and community businesses, Economic Development leaders, and other post-secondary institutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written form
- Experience with school reform/improvement, strategic planning, public policy management and school labor relations and contract negotiation proceedings
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate in-demand training programs
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies
- Oversees and maintains budget and performs budget forecasting
- Oversees and maintains accreditation (COE, Public Safety, etc.)
Interested applicants should send a completed Vantage Career Center Certified Employment application, letter of interest, resume, transcripts, copy of certifications and three letters of reference by Friday, March 12, 2021, to:
Rick L. Turner, Superintendent
818 N. Franklin Street, Van Wert, OH 45891
No later than 4:00 p.m. Friday, March 12, 2021.
A full position posting and Vantage Career Center Certified employment applications can be found at www.vantagecareercenter.com
Vantage Career Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry, genetic information (collectively, “Protected Classes”), or any other legally protected category, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities. The Vantage Career Center Administration reserves the right to not fill this position.
Director of Adult Education | Medina County Career Center
In the performance of their duties, the Director of Adult and Continuing Education shall administer and supervise the Adult Education Program.
Responsibilities include student enrollment and management, curriculum development, course evaluation and scheduling, budget preparation, fiscal management, supervision and staff development, record keeping, marketing, and reporting to funding agencies.
The Director serves as a strategic partner in planning and implementing the future vision for continuing education. The Director must be both a hands-on worker and an excellent manager.
STARTING DATE: 7/1/2021
SALARY: Appropriate placement on the Salary Schedule, which will commensurate with experience and education
REPORTS TO: Superintendent or Designee
BENEFITS: Hospitalization, dental, vision, prescription, and term life insurance; up to three approved personal days per year; sick leave; tuition reimbursement; professional development opportunities.
WORK-WEEK/YEAR: 260 days
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree. Possess valid and current certification to supervise and direct Adult Education programs as required by the State of Ohio. Experience reading and interpreting technical documentation including forms and reporting procedures. Execute Perkins V initiatives and COE accreditation successfully. Proven experience using a student database information system with success maintaining student records. Oversee the completion of financial duties for Continuing Education. Provide enrollment and income reports to the Superintendent and Board of Education. Responsive to the changing needs and trends of the professional sector. Plan, manage and prepare marketing materials for the website, social media campaigns, and events to maintain a constant presence in the community. Consistently provide customer service, and implement new customer service strategies while interacting courteously. Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications and Google suite of office tools. Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills. Able to handle multiple projects at one time and meeting deadlines. Demonstrated ability to problem-solve. Professional tact, diplomacy, and presentation with staff and stakeholders with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships. Maintains strict confidentiality of privileged information.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree or higher. Possess both teaching and private sector employment experiences. Prior CTE experience.
APPLICATION: Application can be found at www.mcjvs.edu (District, Employment). Deadline Feb. 22, 2021
FURTHER INFORMATION: email@example.com
The Medina County Career Center is committed to equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, or disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.