Superintendent | Pickaway-Ross JVSD
The Pickaway-Ross Joint Vocational School District Board of Education is seeking a highly qualified, innovative educational leader as its next Superintendent. The Board seeks an effective administrator in education and administration leadership to fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Superintendent Dennis Franks. It is expected the new Superintendent will take office on or before August 1, 2021.
Application Deadline: 3 pm, Friday, November 6, 2020
Applicants must possess a valid Ohio Superintendent’s license. Successful experience as a School Superintendent, as well as related career-technical experience, is preferred. The Superintendent must maintain integrity and high standards of confidentiality and ethics in all matters.
The successful candidate will be a visionary with an ability to produce short- and long-range improvement plans while demonstrating the following specific experience and competencies:
- Be an educational team leader who can develop, supervise and support teaching and administrative talent, inspire high-performance standards with accountability, and find satisfaction in the success of others.
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with the Board of Education, Treasurer, all staff members, home school superintendents, the business leadership community, as well as staff from ODE & ODHE.
- Be a student-centered decision-maker with a comprehensive view of education, a working knowledge of curriculum and instruction, and a commitment to the development of all students.
- Have working knowledge of career-tech and adult education and various grant funding sources.
- Have the ability to inspire trust and has high levels of self-confidence and optimism; a person of integrity who has high standards of honesty, ethics and personal conduct.
- Be an ambassador for Pickaway-Ross JVSD to students, parents and other community members.
- Have knowledge of state and local funding, school law, current educational legal issues, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to CTE as well as all public schools.
- Have a strong commitment to the integration of technology and learning.
Compensation and Terms of Employment
The Board intends to offer the successful candidate a multi-year contract, as per law. The base salary range is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
- A cover letter emphasizing qualifications and reasons for interest;
- A Pickaway-Ross JVSD employment application;
- An up-to-date resume;
- Three (3) letters of reference from associates or board members who can speak to candidate’s qualifications and work experience;
- A copy of current Ohio Superintendent’s License.
Application material should be mailed or emailed to:
Mr. Todd Stahr, Treasurer/CFO
Pickaway-Ross Career & Technology Center
895 Crouse Chapel Road
Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
Questions concerning the position?
Please contact Todd Stahr, Treasurer at 740-642-1275