Ohio Career Centers are invited to join the first Section 504 Coordinator Workshop on Wednesday, March 4, from 9:00-12:45 . This workshop will be held at the Delaware campus of Columbus State Community College, located at 5100 Cornerstone Drive, Delaware, Ohio 43015.
This workshop is designed to provide professional development and technical assistance to your district’s Section 504 Coordinator in the execution of their responsibilities. The following topics will be presented by the United States Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights and by the Ohio Department of Education, Office of Career-Technical Education:
- The Ohio Civil Rights Review Process (Secondary and Postsecondary)
- Admissions Issues in Vocational Education (Secondary and Postsecondary)
- Section 504 Coordinator Responsibilities (Secondary and Postsecondary)
- Free and Appropriate Public Education Requirements (Secondary)
- Grievance Procedures (Secondary and Postsecondary)
- Academic Adjustments (Postsecondary)
- Auxiliary Aids (Postsecondary)
- Physical Accessibility
Seating capacity is very limited, so we ask that each district limit enrollment to the Section 504 Compliance Officer ONLY. Sign up via STARS on the OH|ID platform for this session at https://safe.ode.state.oh.us/portal. For those who cannot travel or wish to attend with a team, we will be sending a communication at a later date with information on alternative methods of accessing this meeting. Certificates of attendance will be provided to attendees as documentation that they have received training as required under federal directive.
We look forward to seeing your representative on March 4th. If you should have any questions regarding the workshop, please feel free to contact Rhedeshia.Young-Willingham@education.ohio.gov or (614) 387-6001.